|Outside the Bountiful Temple on our Wedding Day|
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) and again I have been inspired by pinterest to include an area on my blog for ideas and specific printables related to my religion. I will not be including any of these items under my teaching labels as I prefer to keep my teaching and church separate. However, if you are looking for some fun ideas for teaching in church or Family Home Evenings (FHE), then please click on the link LDS on the left side of my blog page under the LABEL heading.
If you would like to know more about the LDS church you can go to lds.org or Mormon.org. Both are great sites that discuss our beliefs and values.
Our beliefs as members of the LDS church can be summed up in what we call our “Articles of Faith.”
1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
If you have any interest in learning more about the church please contact me and I will have a Book of Mormon sent to your home. The Book of Mormon is the Keystone to our religion as it is another testament of Jesus Christ and a testimony of His life and teachings. I have no doubt that the Book of Mormon is true and that through living the teachings presented in the book we can have more peace in our hearts and lives.