Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Look What We Made Yesterday- ZERO THE HERO!





I absolutely love these!! Probably the best activity of the year so far! The kids loved it too, I even had one child come back today and ask when we were going to put our capes back on. He was really disappointed to learn we weren't going to put them on. The kids colored their Zero The Hero character and then glued them onto their crepe paper capes. After everything was glued on I pined them onto their shirts to wear home. We also used Jack Hartmann's Zero The Hero Exercise song and again they LOVED it! If you haven't taught 0 yet you need to teach it this way!

6 comments:

  1. I swear my daughter just told me I should make these with my class and I was trying to decide what to use for the cape. What 5 year old doesn't love a cape? Hey I would want one too. This is so fabulous. I was thinking plastic table cloth stuff.
    You are a genius! This looks like so much fun!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fran! It was a lot of fun, and I hope it works out for you and your daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A girl friend of my owns the pinkadink (dot) com (super cheep 15 or 20 dollars)-- she made me a pink & blue Zero the Hero Cape!! The kids when they bring Zero the Hero treats get to choose which cape to wear!! LOVE THEM!!

    However....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the everyone approach!! PRECIOUS!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Sarah Hetrick
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHERE IS YOUR ZERO THE HERO PICTURE FOR ON THE CAPE FROM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the capes! This is an incredible activity! Our 100th day in just 10 days away and I cannot wait(its my first as a teacher!) I think I might be more excited than the kids!
    Can I ask where you got the capes from? I am wondering if I can find these in time for our special day....
    Again thanks for the idea!
    Miss S....
    http://www.justeaching.blogspot.com
    (come check out my blog... I don't think I even have any followers yet..LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS!!! I am going to snag this idea for 100th day of school next week. Can I post about your site on my blog???? I would love to get you blog out there. Your IDEAS ARE TOO CUTE.
    -Lauren
    the weekly hive

    ReplyDelete