Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dr. Seuss Week









Here are a few ideas for Dr. Seuss week. First is "What's in the Closet?" This is an idea I got from the other kindergarten teacher at my school. It's inspired by Dr. Seuss' book "There's a Wocket in my Pocket." The kids have to think of a word that rhymes with "closet" and write it on the line There's a ___________ in the closet. And then they tear up paper to make a monster for their closet. So fun! The next activity goes with "Green Eggs and Ham." The kids write down food that they wouldn't like if it were green and they then use green construction paper to make the food. The writing goes as follows: I do not like green _______ and green __________. No, I do not Sam-I-am. My first grade teacher friend came up with this one! The last activity is making a funny rhyme. We called these our Silly Dr. Seuss Rhymes. The kids had to rhyme with a lot of the word families that they know. It was good practice for them.

3 comments: